I. Key Features/Benefits of the new release
- New Event Page Design, Parallax style and scrollable drastically enhances the attendees/viewers’ experience
- New Unified Chat with Material Design improves the user experience for the host/participants and viewers
- The Planner is now an independent module for an easier and faster access
- A New User Interface For the Planner as well:
- Events and Permalinks (BHO Permalinks = Permanent URLs which allow getting into a Business Hangout without having to schedule it.)
- Simplified User Interface everywhere
- More one-click customization features
- White Background
- Private Events and Private Recording for all Plans (even free plans). Just make sure you remove the PUBLIC share when you start.
- Google Apps users can now restrict events to their domain (e.g. only email addresses @mycompany.com can join).
- The two versions coexist: the new 1506.1 and the old 1503.2
- By default, new users go directly to the new release
II. It’s not mandatory to upgrade.
The new release is offered as an option to existing clients at this point. Don’t Upgrade If You Are Not Ready.
Editing an existing event (already scheduled) with the new release will upgrade that event to the new release.
This release works much better if an event is created with it. Older events with different parameters may challenge you as a host since some habits change.
Experienced hosts are invited to try the new release with new Events, get used to it, before generalizing it to all events.
If you want to see it at work with an event you have already setup, duplicate it and edit the copy with the new release, so that you have the original if you decide to go back.
Editing an existing event (already scheduled) with the old release won’t upgrade it. So you can stay with the old release if you want to.
III. Where to learn more?
- Check new tutorial videos posted here: https://business-
- Join this webinar (or if you read this after the webinar date, watch the replay)
WEBINAR: New Business Hangouts Release
June 19, 2015 at 09:00 AM PT / 12 PM Eastern US
See the new release at work, learn more about it
and to attend a live Q & A where you can ask all your questions, or even get live technical support.