When we first launched almost 3 months ago, Enterprise customers were excited about the Business features brought in by Business Hangouts™, but they were lacking some fundamental services from Google such as :
– Impossible to limit the use of Hangouts to an Enterprise domain
– No SLA for hangouts (Service Level Agreement)
– Hangouts not compatible with Vault
In the past few weeks, there have been some great announcements from Google providing the basics for a better use of Hangouts and consequently Business Hangouts™ within the Enterprise and with Google Apps:
- YouTube Videos can now be domain restricted ; this feature, combined with BHO’s private or unlisted feature for a BHOA allows to run a large BHOA as unlisted and then limit the recorded video to a domain. Similarly for smaller groups, a private recorded BHO can lead to a video which can then be restricted to your domain.
- Customers using Google Apps Vault can now activate Hangouts at the domain level, and thus enjoy certain domain restricted features.
- Admins can now release Hangouts feature selectively among employees.
- Support is improved: The Google Apps support team will now provide the same level of help for Hangouts as they do for Google Talk, including 24/7 phone support
So now Enterprise customers and Google Apps users are being served with more enterprise-friendly features, and can enjoy those application layered features offered by BHO, including:
- An all-in-one app for Enterprise Conferencing
- A Comprehensive Scheduling module
- Recording Private Hangouts
- Customized Invitation Emails
- Organizing non-public, Large Corporate BHOAs
- Unified chat allowing viewers and participants
- Events including external attendees signing in with Facebook and Linkedin
- Comments Highlighting and Broadcasting
- Exporting the chat history
- Share videos and other interactive content during a BHOA