Business Hangouts Version 1309.3 live as of today.
Comment Highlighting & Broadcasting, Lower Thirds, Improved Recurring Hangouts, Better Embeds and more!
This new release includes the following additions and improvements.
- Highlighting Comments in the Unified Chat: Moderators can now Highlight Comments. During busy crowded Hangouts on air, where a large number of viewers post comments and questions, highlighting comments allows the host, presenter or another moderator or even a panelist (participant) to see only highlighted comments/questions, avoiding a search into too many comments or questions. Only moderators can highlight a comment.
- Broadcasting Comments in the Unified Chat: During a HOA, moderators can send a comment to the main screen, the one which is on air, so that it can not only be recorded but also be seen in a prominent manner during a Q&A session. The comment broadcasting background image is customizable for rebranding purposes.
- Automatic standard lower thirds for everyone with their names. Custom lower thirds also possible.
- Run a HOA from a Business Page, have the Google+ post be shown on the Business page and direct the YouTube video to the right channel.
- More editable parameters for a series of recurring events: number of occurrences, date, time, and more.
- Brand new user interface for the embed codes for permanent links on websites, making it much easier for non programmers to use them.
- Imperfections corrected:
– Event time adapts to actual time, rounded to next hour sharp,
– Same participants can’t enter twice,
– When registration is not mandatory, all non registered attendees now enter as viewers.
Enjoy this release and let us know how you like it 🙂